Quick Links
Skip to main contentSkip to navigation

St Edward Public School

School Counseling


Ajax Loading Image


FAFSA Information



The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is the application for federal, state, and most college-based financial aid. You will complete this application at fafsa.gov.  Dependent students must include both their data and their parent's or guardian's.  The FAFSA is FREE.  Never pay to have someone fill this out for you. 

I recommend using the FAFSA tools and checklists at EducationQuest - www.educationquest.org .   The people at EducationQuest are experts with the FAFSA and will gladly help you through the process.  For questions or to make an appointment to have their help in filling out the form call the Omaha Office:  888.357.6300, Lincoln Office:  800.303.3745 or Kearney Office:  800.666.3721.

You can also contact your college's Financial Aid Office and see if they offer help in filling out the FAFSA.  Many colleges do offer this service.  


How to create your FAFSA ID

The FSA ID (Federal Student Aid ID) is a username and password you create to access the FAFSA and federal student loan websites. It will also serve as your signature for the FAFSA and federal student loans. Follow these steps to get your FSA ID. If you’re a dependent student, you and a parent will each need one.

1. Go to fsaid.ed.gov before you start your FAFSA. • Provide your email address and create a username and password. Print this page. Both you and a parent will need active email accounts. Don’t use a high school email account.  

2. Enter personal information. • Name, Social Security number, date of birth • Mailing address, email address, mobile phone number

3. Answer challenge questions. Select answers that are easy to remember and won’t change over time.

4. Submit your FSA ID information and verify your email address and mobile phone number with the assigned security code.

DO NOT LOSE YOUR USERNAME, PASSWORD, AND PIN NUMBERS.  You will need these all of the years you fill out a FAFSA.